This month we continue Karen Palacios-Jansen’s excellent series of golf fitness training videos with her Core Rotator exercise simulating your golf swing.
This core golf swing exercise will help you with your body motion to improve your turn and weight shift.
- Hold a golf club between your hands at both ends as shown.
- Assume a golf stance with an athletic posture.
- Make a backswing trying to simulate your golf swing as much as possible, keeping your arms extended and your eyes looking down at where the ball would be.
- Initiate the downswing as a normal swing and try to follow-through as much as possible.
- Finish in balance.
- Begin slowly at first and then pick up the pace to the speed of a normal golf swing.
- Do 8 to 10 repetitions of this exercise.
Karen Palacios-Jansen is a LPGA Class A Teaching Professional and a Certified Personal Trainer specializing in Golf Fitness. Karen serves as the National Vice President of the LPGA Teaching And Club Professionals Membership and has been voted as one of America’s “Top 50 Female Instructors” by Golf Digest magazine for 15 years and received the prestigious LPGA National Teacher of the Year award in 2008.
Karen Palacios-Jansen is the creator of Cardiogolf, a golf fitness program available at Cardiogolf.com. Karen’s website at www.kpjgolf.com is a ‘must-see’ resource for golf and fitness instruction. We also recommend following Karen online on Twitter and Facebook.